Sunday, October 26, 2014

Halloween Week is Here

Halloween week is upon us and bittersweet memories are evoked once again. My Mom passed away on October 29th, 2005 and her services were held the day after Halloween.  For the past nine years, my grief has kept me from enjoying and embracing the month of October and Halloween.  I did continue to carry on her pumpkin carving tradition each year, but my heart usually wasn't in it. This year, with inspiration from Instagram and the support of close friends, I am embracing this season and the upcoming holiday.  The house is decorated, this week's menu is planned, the goodie bags are stuffed and the candy bowl is full.  

Halloween Week Dinner Menu

Monday: 
Ghostly Chili with all the Fixins 
Sliced Apples w/ Caramel Dip

Tuesday: Annual Pumpkin Carving Night with Mom's Traditional Menu
Mummy Dogs
Baked Beans
Chips & Dip

Wednesday:
Candy Corn Chicken Quesadillas
Tortilla chips, Guacamole & Salsa

Thursday:
French Bread Mummy Pizzas
Tossed Salad

Friday: Halloween Night
Sonic 50 Cent Corn Dogs
Onion Rings/Tater Tots
Sonic Sodas

Saturday: Dia de Muertos Party with the Crossgrove Family
7 Layer Dip
Chili's Restaurant Queso
Homemade Salsa
Taco Bar with all the Fixins
Spiderweb Munch

I can't wait to celebrate Halloween week with my friends and family.  Make your Halloween week a celebration to remember.  Here's to cherishing old memories while creating new ones.  



Our Halloween mantel
Mom and me on our annual pumpkin carving night

Preschool goodie bags are ready to go
We are enjoying fall evenings in our cozy home  




2 comments:

  1. Your menu looks perfect...
    Your candle looks cozy...
    Your beautiful mother carving pumpkins with her girl...simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mantel is absolutely adorable! Sounds like you all had a fabulous Halloween week! I'm so glad you were able to embrace it this year.

    ReplyDelete