Sunday, December 7, 2014

Our Festive Holiday Home

Christmas decorating happens on the Friday after Thanksgiving in our home.  No Black Friday for us, just lots and lots of cleaning and decking the halls.  My most favorite thing to do during the holiday season is to lay in my chair with the lights off and enjoy my tree.  Here is a little tour of our holiday home.

You will find at least two, maybe three, Yankee candles burning in our home each evening.  
This picture was taken on our first *sleet* day of the school year.  

Our Christmas Tree 2014 

Santa and Mrs. Claus made by my Mom in the 70s with some dear friends.
I was so happy to find these hidden away in my Grandma and Grandpa's attic. 
Such a treasure to me.

Our Christmas Mantel 2014

Mantel Close-up.  
I am addicted to those old, metal trucks with a tree tied on top.  
I will have many more to display next year.  This is a new mission for me... 

Our clipboard wall all decked out for Christmas.

My small Christmas cookie jar collection.

My newly painted chalkboard with lyrics 
from my favorite Christmas carol *O Holy Night.* 

Our new stockings.  
The ornaments below will adorn them with our names.

Ornaments made by Polka Dot Door, Salem, MO

Our wrapping matches our mitten tree perfectly this year.  
Maddie gets the sweater paper, Roger gets the vintage print and I get the mitten paper.  

My winter burlee.
happily made by my dear friend, Melanie.

Our simplified Christmas porch.
The basket was made by Mom two weeks before she died.
She lovingly created it for the church bazaar.  
The church ladies made sure it came to me.
I will cherish it always.  

I would love to see your Christmas home.  

Joyfully yours, 
Joey  






1 comment:

  1. Love your Christmas home, my friend!
    I love every single touch...
    Too hard to pick a favorite.
    Everything looks so cozy.
    Enjoy the season.
    It is passing so quickly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete